Monday 18 June 2012

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore



I first got excited about this book after seeing a sampler in Waterstones and it was one of the best I read last year. Sadly the film didn't do it justice but here's a few of my thoughts :)

Number Four is a member of the Garde from the planet Lorien who looks like us. The last nine members of the Garde were sent to Earth after their planet was attacked by the Mogadorians. Only a charm protects the nine from being killed on Earth as the Mogadorians are hunting them down to complete the destruction of their race. The charm means that the nine have to be killed in order. The book picks up the story with the death of number three and follows number four in hiding, with the knowledge that he is next in line to be hunted down and killed. 



It's easy to see how this could be turned into a film. There is plenty of danger and suspense with a hint of romance as well as themes of trust and standing up to your enemies as number four experiences the normal (and abnormal) trials of adolescence. It's an excellent page turner and is easy to read. It was another book I couldn't put down. Great for those who enjoy a bit of action and adventure. It left me eager for the sequel.

I give it 8/10 :)



Title: I am Number Four
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publisher: Puffin Books
Teen Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment