Monday 18 June 2012

The Baby-Sitter by R.L. Stine


So the other weekend I thought I'd read one of my favourite books from when I was a teenager: The Babysitter. I remember that my friends and I loved this book and its two sequels. 


Jenny takes a job as a babysitter after a random encounter with a cute boy at the mall to earn a bit of extra money. Around this time some attacks on babysitters started to occur. Jenny's overactive imagination begins to work against her when she starts getting creepy phone calls and she starts to suspect the love interest. There's also the creepy neighbour who raises her suspicions. But is Jenny really the mysterious attacker's next intended victim and why would she be when she's harmed no-one?


I have to confess that it wasn't as good as I remembered. The quality of the writing wasn't the best and parts were repetitive. However, it did still manage to give me that creepy feeling even though I knew how it would end. It's definitely going to keep a place in my heart. 

I give it 6/10



Title: The Baby-Sitter
Author: R.L. Stine
Publisher: Scholastic
Teen Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment